Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Being a single mother usually Mother’s Day comes and goes without any big fan fair. It is really hard for kids to buy mother’s day presents with mom present. However this year the kids went grocery shopping with a separate cart while I did the regular shopping, they borrowed my debit card to pay for it while I stayed back and could not see what they bought. Last night they spent the night outside and stayed awake until 2AM laughing and carrying on, out of self-defense I finally put ear plugs in. I was pretty sure in the morning they would forget about breakfast and sleep in. At 8:30AM I was rudely awaken by a remote control car hitting my bedroom door at full speed. SCARED the sheeet out of me! 

They had cooked bacon, scrambled eggs, vanilla pudding with peanut M&M's, and hazelnut coffee topped with whip cream and chocolate chips. I received two mother’s day cards. One from my son that was very heart felt, simple and tugged at the heart strings. The other card as I opened it was an adorable puppy with a flower in its mouth that read "Happy Mother's Day from the dog....you know the short, hairy kid, with a tail." We have no dog; this was from the clever kid that THINKS she is going to get a dog. This girl throws a hint every chance she can get that she wants a dog even on mother’s day! 

After eating my breakfast in bed we grabbed our water bags, grabbed a bite to eat from Harmon's and went for a hike. It is the first hike we have been on that neither of the kids complained the ENTIRE hike!!!!! WOW what an amazing present for me. 3:30 hour hike not ONE complaint. BEST MOTHERS DAY EVER!!! I didn't plan any of it; they did it on their own. Absolutely gorgeous hike up Hell Hole Canyon, with lots of flowers that we took pictures of.


No comments:

Post a Comment